- Trading Name: Revolut
- Legal Entity: Revolut Ltd, Revolut Trading Ltd and other entities
- Activities: payment, banking, and investment services
- Authorization: FCA-regulated e-Money Institution (EMI)
- Location: London and other locations
- Key People: Nikolay Storonsky and Vlad Yatsenko (founders)
In July 2021, the company raised $800 million in Series E funding, valuing the business at $33 billion.
Revolut launched as a bank (instead of an e-money institution) in 10 additional European countries: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, and Sweden.
Revolut offers virtual accounts, banking, and investment services to individuals and businesses featuring currency exchange, debit cards, virtual cards, Apple Pay, interest-bearing “vaults,” commission-free stock trading, crypto, commodities, and other services.
In March 2022, Revolut had more than 18 million customers worldwide and more than 150 million monthly transactions.
Revolut also accepts high-risk merchants.
We have not found any substantial problems with Revolut so far. They are sufficiently funded and transparent. Therefore, we put Revolut on our “Green Compliance” list.