- Trading Name: Bitvavo
- Legal Entity: Bitvavo B.V.
- Activities: cryptocurrency trading platform
- Location: Netherlands
- Regulations: registered with the Dutch Central Bank & FMA (Austria)
- Key People: Mark Nuvelstijn (Linkedin), Tim Baardse
Bitvavo is a European cryptocurrency trading platform that allows users to buy, sell, and store over 200 cryptocurrencies. Bitvavo is registered with the Dutch Central Bank (DNB) and offers a range of features such as low trading fees, direct Euro transfers, and staking rewards. Bitvavo also provides a mobile app for trading and managing cryptocurrencies on the go.
The exchange offers more than 180 tradable cryptocurrencies. These include the well-known currencies such as; Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cardano and Solana. The platform is available on both desktop web and mobile. The exchange also offers staking services for over 20 digital assets and offers more than 3 stablecoins, including EUROC, the EURO-based stablecoin.
In addition, Bitvavo has charting and trading tools to help traders make the most accurate analysis. The exchange supports 6 languages, including English, German, French and Spanish.
The exchange offers more than 175+ cryptocurrencies to buy, sell and trade and is available in almost 30 European countries
- Fiat purchases only possible in EU
- KYC and AML checks are extensive
- Not available in the USA, Africa, Asia and other regions
In terms of fees, Bitvavo is one of the cheapest providers in Europe and charges a fee of between 0 and 0.25 % of the transaction amount for every purchase and sale.
- Bitvavo is registered by De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB), the central bank of the Netherlands. Bitvavo is fully compliant with European anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorism financing (CTF) legislation and is therefore fully regulated and compliant in all countries in which it operates.
- Holds an virtual asset service provider from the Austrian Financial Market Authority
Trustpilot: 4,2 Stars with 15.000+ Reviews
Google: 4,5 Satrs with 2000+Reviews
In November 2023 Bitvavo has received approval as a virtual asset service provider from the Austrian Financial Market Authority.
We could not find anything negative about Bitvavo and its founders and all the necessary technical information to comply with the regulations is also provided.
We therefore rate them GREEN.