- Trading Name: NomuPay
- Legal Entity: Nomu Pay Ltd, Nomu Pay Hong Kong Limited, Nomu Pay Malaysia SDN.BDN, Nomu Pay E-Money Philippines, Inc. , Nomu Pay Singapore Pte. Ltd. , Nomu Pay Ödeme ve Elektronik Para Hizmetleri A.Ş.
- Activities: Payment processor
- Location: Netherlands, Ireland, Turkey, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines
- Key People: Peter Burridge (LinkedIn), Erik Hogenkamp (LinkedIn), Brendan Collins (LinkedIn), Owen Burke (LinkedIn) Radboud Vlaar (LinkedIn)
NomuPay is a newly formed company that aims to provide state-of-the-art, unified payment solutions through its subsidiaries to help its customers accelerate their growth in large, high-growth countries in Asia, Turkey and the Middle East.
NomuPay has acquired a number of experienced payment people since its inception in 2021. Peter Burridge is the Group CEO, Owen Burke is the group’s financial officer, and Erik Hogenkamp is active as COO of the Group. NomuPay has also established a Board of Industry Visionaries that includes Juan Benitez, Lisa Shields, Jeff Parker and Radboud Vlaar, managing partner of Fintech Capital.
NomuPay was co-founded by Finch Capital, an Amsterdam-based venture firm, which also funded the acquisition of assets from the collapsed Wirecard. In particular, NomuPay acquired assets from Wirecard in Malaysia, Hong Kong, and Turkey.
NomuPay’s Unified Payments (uP) platform is a modern end-to-end payments platform designed specifically for expansion into regions with high cross-border and e-commerce growth. It offers omnichannel payment acceptance and disbursement through a single API integration.
The offering is focused on merchants in Southeast Asia and Turkey, providing European and North American partners with scalable solutions and transparent reporting capabilities.
not given on the website
Fintelegram has received information from whistleblowers that NomuPay is said to have taken over parts of both Wirecard’s and Payvision’s business. There was also a rumor on Twitter that the fugitive former Wirecard board member Jan Marsalek is connected to NomuPay. We can neither confirm nor falsify these rumors but we have our doubts about Marsalek’s involvement.
More about Wirecard & Payvision
Whistleblowers informed us that the founder of the now-closed high-risk payment processor Payvision was behind this payment processor, which was launched in 2021
According to the information we received from whistleblowers, NomuPay has taken over parts of both Wirecard‘s and Payvision‘s business. Additionally, there was also a rumor on Twitter that the fugitive former Wirecard board member Jan Marsalek is connected to NomuPay. We can neither confirm nor falsify these rumors.
However, we know that NomuPay has acquired assets from Wirecard in Malaysia Hong Kong, and acquired Wirecard Turkey. The number of hits on the NomuPay websites is not really impressive. In this respect, business is unlikely to have exploded.
Over the last 18 months, the Nomupay Group has announced some milestones:
- In April 2022, the NomuPay Group acquired the New Zealand payment processor KlickEx, although no details of the purchase price were disclosed.
- At the end of 2022, NomuPay acquired the licensed payment institution Cardinity and renamed it NomuPay Europe.
- In March 2023, NomuPay Ireland announced that it had raised $53.6 million in a funding round co-led by Finch Capital and Outpost Ventures. We believe this sum includes all investments made directly in NomuPay or one of the acquired entities in the past.
According to its website, NomuPay Group has more than 150 employees worldwide, making it a big player already.
Based on a Similarweb analysis, NomuPay, like Wirecard, continues to operate in the high-risk segment and has customers in the gambling, gaming and online casino sectors.
Due to the alleged involvement with Rudolf booker and Jan Marsalek, we include the payment processor in our “Orange Compliance” list and advise urgent caution regarding any cooperation with NomuPay.