- Trading Name: Merchant Focus
- Legal Entity: Merchant Focus Processing Inc.
- Activities: Merchant account provider
- Location: USA
- Regulations: Merchant Focus Processing, Inc. is a registered ISO/MSP of Deutsche Bank Trust Company Americas, New York
- Key People: John Waldron, Managing Director, Sarah Schiffer, Operations Specialist, Mr. Jason McLeod, President
Merchant Focus, also known as Established Merchant Focus, is a small to mid-sized merchant account provider based in Dublin, Ohio. The company was founded in 2004 and appears to focus exclusively on providing credit card processing services.
It is a full-service provider of merchant accounts and payment gateways, as well as high-risk accounts that enable the acceptance of credit card payments for Internet, cell phone, mail order/phone orders, and retail transactions.
The company also provides online payment processing services through Authorize.net.
Merchant Focus also offers gift card processing.
The company offers 100-card starter packs that allow cards to be issued and redeemed through a terminal or online. The gift card service also includes online reporting for easy tracking of transaction activity.
The company also touts that it serves high-risk merchants.
For successful businesses that process more than $250,000 in Visa and MasterCard sales annually, Merchant Focus offers interchange-plus merchant accounts with no monthly fees.
- Merchant Focus fees and rates depend on your credit card sales. Businesses with low sales volumes (less than $250,000/year) receive tiered pricing. Businesses with a high volume of sales may qualify for interchange-plus pricing.
- The company charges a $0.15 batch fee, a $25 monthly gateway fee, and a 2.9% fee plus $0.30 per transaction.
- Merchant Focus has been accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 2006 and has an A+ rating.
- On Trustpilot, the vendor does very well with a 4.1-star rating, but there are only 43 reviews.
- There are fewer than 10 negative reviews on Merchant Focus in the usual online forums, but some of those describe the company as a rip-off or scam.
- We did not find any pending class action lawsuits or FTC complaints.
Compliance-wise, we couldn’t find anything negative about Merchant Focus, but due to increasing allegations of it being a scam or rip-off, we’ve added it to our “Orange Compliance” list.